Oct. 27, 1904
The New York City subway, the first rapid-transit system in America, opens. More than 100 workers died during the construction of the first 13 miles of tunnels and track.
~ DC Labor
• COVID-19 news updates for Oct. 8, 2020
• How OSHA went AWOL during the pandemic
• 9 things to do (safely) in Md. to get in the fall spirit
• What’s the status of a second $1,200 stimulus check?
• Trying to get workers fired is the wrong way to fight racism
• New law protects Marylanders with pre-existing conditions
• Dept. of Transportation rejected mask mandate on public transportation
• Sign this petition: Tell mega-grocery chain to leave Teamsters health insurance alone
• How chicken plants became more dangerous places to work than coal mines
• RTW and the 2020 election: