Apr. 16, 1947
Five hundred workers in Texas City, Texas die in a series of huge oil refinery and chemical plant explosions and fires.
~ Union Communication Services
• Raise the Wage Act would hike salaries for 40 million
• The case for a 4-day work week
• Baseball labor talks not progressing smoothly
• Is the general strike making a comeback?
• Teamsters challenge FMCSA decision on meal/break rules
• Amazon will oppose any effort to unionize its NY workforce
• How 10 air traffic controllers likely ended the government shutdown
• Construction workers’ unions sue drug companies over opioid crisis
• DOL considers rule that would make it easier for businesses to exploit workers
• This week’s labor quote (hat-tip DC Labor):
General Membership Meeting: Sunday, May 19, 2019 at 10 a.m.
All membership meetings are held at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites,
241 Railway Lane, Hagerstown, Md. Please make every effort to attend!