May 20, 1926
The Railway Labor Act took effect today. It was the first federal legislation protecting workers’ rights to form unions.
~ Union Communication Services
• Rising heat is making workers sick, even indoors
• Suicide rate rising among U.S. workers
• “The U.S. Mail is not for sale”
• Teamster jet fuelers in Seattle authorize strike
• Should pharma execs pay for the opioid crisis?
• What are the odds of finally repealing ‘Right to Work for Less’?
• Amid plant closures, UAW contends GM relies on Mexico for production
• UPS’s Christmas wish: A delivery surge it can handle (subscription required)
• There were zero things better this week than ‘labor radical’ Taylor Swift
• Thanks to the new tax law you can’t claim these deductions any more
General Membership Meeting: Sunday, May 19, 2019 at 10 a.m.
All membership meetings are held at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites,
241 Railway Lane, Hagerstown, Md. Please make every effort to attend!