Mar. 16, 1960
The United Federation of Teachers (UFT) is formed in New York to represent New York City public school teachers and, later, other education workers in the city.
~ Union Communication Services
• Health, safety rules targeted as Trump slashes red tape.
• Maryland sues EPA over air quality standards.
• Volunteer to help hurricane victims - fill out this form.
• Donate to the Las Vegas Victims’ Fund here.
• Teamsters organize truckers to move supplies in Puerto Rico.
• More news on Teamster disaster relief efforts here.
• Proof of just how pervasive fake news is.
• Teamsters decry House panel’s passage of bill rolling back worker protections.
• It takes skill ...