May 23, 1946
U.S. railroad strike starts, later crushed when President Truman threatens to draft strikers.
~ Union Communication Services
• Teamsters submit comments on NAFTA negotiations.
• The attack on labor unions – and why they matter.
• Three myths about the minimum wage.
• The administration quietly rolls back civil rights efforts.
• Ports of LA, Long Beach truck drivers threaten to strike.
• Union rep. says SF UPS gunman filed excessive OT grievance.
• Labor Department moves to allow secret anti-union campaigns.
• Happy Father's Day!